STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
Delta Sierra Middle School students and staff are respectful, responsible, and resilient. Our school celebrates creativity and diverse cultures and stakeholders are invested and take pride in our community. At DSMS, students are cared for, feel safe, and have a desire to attend. We continually work towards achieving excellence and we have a collaborative, motivating, and engaging environment dedicated to the success of all students.
The Delta Sierra staff is dedicated to providing all students the balance of a strong, standards based education with the life skills needed for good citizenship in a safe and positive environment.
- Provide a challenging standard-based curriculum that prepares students for the Common Core as measured by Smarter Balanced Assessments along with academic support and interventions.
- Offer our students the opportunity to participate in extra-curricular activities such as sports, music, travel, and drama.
- Involve parents and community in the education of our children.
- Prepare students for high school, college, careers, and family life.
FOCUS AREAS OF INSTRUCTION ACROSS CURRICULUM
- Lesson Design
- Instructional Strategies & Engagement
- Maintaining Positive Relationships
- Implementing Technology to meet Common Core and Next Generation Science Standards